dilluns, 11 de juny del 2012

CULTURAL EXCHANGE!

MARTIN LUTHER KING

He was an American clergyman, activist, and prominent leader in the African-American Civil Rights Movements. He is best known for his role the advancement of civil rights in the United States and around the world, using nonviolent methods following the teachings of Mohondas Karamachand Chandi. King has become a national icon in the history of moder American liberism.

In 1964, Martin Luther King, said a sentence, that had belong to the history, and it's known by King's famous speech "I have a dream..."

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character".





In that sentence, I think taht he want to say that, he want a nation which the people live in peace, happy, unprejudiced by the color of their skin. He want that in this nation reign equality, between the people of different skin color. He want to say that he want people to be judged by the character of personality, not by the skin color.

That sentence have me think, and has remind me about a song called "I dreamed a dream".












Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada